We’re born solo and we’ll die solo (.^_^.)
Singles’ Day was a day created to celebrate singleness that originated in China back in the mid 90s with a group of single university students. It didn’t take long for people to see the marketing opportunities in such an occasion. Now, Singles’ Day is one of the largest online shopping promotional days in the world, with sales last year hitting US$17.8 billion.
Shout it From the Roof Top
People celebrate not being single every single day. There are weddings, anniversaries, couples’ weekends away, date nights ad nauseam. Single ladies and gents, you should match those paired off couples, and celebrate your status every damn day. That’s why, sales aside, this Singles Day we’re taking a look at the benefits of rolling solo.
The Times They Are a-Changin’ (slowly)
You may be thinking that in this day and age that it really doesn’t matter how you choose to live your life; whether done solo, in pairs, or in groups. But as we get older, and more people begin to pair up, comments such as these begin to slip out from those surrounding those glorious, single people:
- “How are you still single? You’re such a great person.”
- “You want to be single? Just wait – you’ll change your mind.”
- “But is your muffin buttered?”
- “You’re too picky.”
- “You just have to stop looking and you’ll meet someone.”
- “You just have to put yourself out there.”
- “It’ll happen when you least expect it.”
Civil Status: Single
There still seems to be a general consensus that being single is a sad lonely thing; that is not by choice, and usually involves cats. However, we think that there’s a world of opportunity that is exclusively yours, if you’re single.
- Your space is always exactly how you want it (messy, clean – do you)
- The whole bed is your domain
- Doing whatever the hell you want
- No faking. Anything
- No sharing
- No one eating your snacks
- And being ready to mingle!
So if you’re single, congratulations! It means you’re nimble; the ultimate master of your universe. No need for joint decisions or consultations; you’re free to make the best and worst decisions of your life as you damn well see fit.